Resonable temps? i7 8700k 4.9ghz

Aug 2, 2018
Hey! Okay so i have overclocked my i7 8700k to 4.9ghz running at 1.28 vcore. The cooler is a h150i pro 360mm watercooler. I am asking for advice and wondering if these are good enough temps? and if i am safe here. The maximum temps do never go over 80 degrees. It is basically capped at 79 degrees no mather what i do with aida64. I ran the test yesterday for an hour and it max:ed at 79 degrees at maximum core temp.

I just ran the test for 20min so give you a clear picture of what it is like. Am i safe enough here?

https://gyazo.com/78be5a5b4399e8a14300262e4d5a7d9a

Solution
The "overclocking community" generally considers 85C peak temps to be a stable, safe overclock for Intel processors. Some believe the most accurate temps can be observed with Prime 95 Version 26.6 using Small FFTs. Your processor, under real load, should never go past the point this shows. 90C is still technically "safe", but less is always nice if you can achieve it. Beyond that, the processor will thermal throttle at 100C to prevent any actual damage from occuring, unless you override this functionality with overclocking (not 100% how you could, though).

In short, your temps are good, but I wouldn't know if your cooler should be doing better or not. Regardless, that's more than adequate when it comes to the life of your processor.

jerrylee22

Commendable
Aug 31, 2016
The "overclocking community" generally considers 85C peak temps to be a stable, safe overclock for Intel processors. Some believe the most accurate temps can be observed with Prime 95 Version 26.6 using Small FFTs. Your processor, under real load, should never go past the point this shows. 90C is still technically "safe", but less is always nice if you can achieve it. Beyond that, the processor will thermal throttle at 100C to prevent any actual damage from occuring, unless you override this functionality with overclocking (not 100% how you could, though).

In short, your temps are good, but I wouldn't know if your cooler should be doing better or not. Regardless, that's more than adequate when it comes to the life of your processor.

Solution