Question Restart and booting gives no signal

Apr 22, 2022
I installed the latest Nvidia drivers and I shutdown my PC. When I booted it, I get a black screen, and doing win Ctrl shift b doesn't do anything and I don't hear anything. However, the weird part is since it's black screen, I held down the power button to force shutdown the computer, but after holding down the power button I get a signal if I boot it up. Once I'm in windows, restarting instead of shutting down and booting up doesn't work. This is only an issue because I was trying to play valorant and the game required me to restart and the force shutdown and boot does not work for valorant vanguard. Since this only happened since installing the latest Nvidia drivers, should I just ddu and install an earlier driver? Thanks in advance for any info.

Specs:
3080 ftw 3
EVGA 850 gm psu
Gskill trident z ddr4 3200
Gigabyte aorus z690i ultra

Lutfij

Titan
BIOS version for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build? I'd try and see if the OS has any updates pending as well.

Since this only happened since installing the latest Nvidia drivers, should I just ddu and install an earlier driver?
Did you perform a GPU upgrade or a driver update? In either case, I'd try and perform a DDU and then manually reinstall with the latest driver, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Apr 22, 2022
BIOS version for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build? I'd try and see if the OS has any updates pending as well.

Since this only happened since installing the latest Nvidia drivers, should I just ddu and install an earlier driver?
Did you perform a GPU upgrade or a driver update? In either case, I'd try and perform a DDU and then manually reinstall with the latest driver, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Bios version is f8c, psu is less than a year old, and Ill double check the os updates. I only updated the driver and this was thru GeForce experience because it's a little faster than a ddu and a clean install, but I will try that with the latest driver now.