Restart loop before loading screen

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Kinda stuck on what to try so any help appreciated.

Desktop PC has been boxed unused for over a year, turned it on today and it doesn't even have any picture on my monitor before restarting over and over. Couldn't say which version of Windows 10 is on it specifically.

Checked fans weren't blocked for CPU
Tried MB hdmi slot as well as GPU's
Disconnected GPU because I don't know if I removed it's drivers before boxing up

All results in the same thing happening :(

Lights on keyboard also do not have time to turn on before each reset if that helps.

I don't have a second monitor to try it out with, but using the same hdmi slot it's fine for xbox so idk.

Lutfij

Titan
What are the specs to your system that's facing the issue? If it's the specs in your sig space, please include it in your thread's body since this thread and the solutions offered will be irrelevant once your sig specs change in due time. That would impact the community if there's another poor soul looking for a solution to the same issue as yours.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If the system was boxed a year ago, then you're probably on version 1803 or prior. You can also try breadboarding the system and see if you can work your way up from there.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015

Sorry, here it is.
It's the same as my sig except I sold half the RAM so:

i7 6700 @3.4Gh
EVGA 1080 FE
16Gb HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM@2133
Seagate 2Tb HDD
SanDisk 120GB SSD Plus (OS)
500GB Samsung Evo 850
Gigabyte 1151 Z170MX Gaming 5

+Aerocool 850w

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
I've looked up other solutions but they don't seem to take into account that there's a blank screen when they say to go to bios options to do a safe boot or w/e. Even if I managed to open them, I don't exactly want to blindly mash keys on the options there.
I've disconnected individual drives and tested now, and also changed the RAM to their alternative slots.

TRENDING THREADS