Restart Taking days???

Feb 19, 2018
My Windows 10 dosent seem to be moving from the 64% after I tried to reset it. It keeps 'turning black', going to the start up screen, and then going to a blue screen that lists the restart percentage, and "instructions". It's been doing this for MANY hours and even when I went out for a few hours, it's still the same. I woke up the next day and did stuff for a few hours, it's still on 64%! Please help and give me an analysis on this. I just want to actually be able to get on my laptop again.

Solution
Resets seem to get stuck a lot. I would suggest a clean install instead. was it a full reset or were you keeping files?

if you were keeping files, I would do step 1 as well, otherwise just do step 2

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

1. change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
do this:
I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer. I plugged an external hard drive into my USB port, and I searched for all of my most irreplaceable files and...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Resets seem to get stuck a lot. I would suggest a clean install instead. was it a full reset or were you keeping files?

if you were keeping files, I would do step 1 as well, otherwise just do step 2

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

1. change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
do this:
I typed notepad in which obviously opened the notepad. From there I went to file > open which opened a file explorer. I plugged an external hard drive into my USB port, and I searched for all of my most irreplaceable files and copied them onto the external drive, then once I finished, I plugged my drive into my Mac and confirmed that all the files are all there.

2. change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution
Feb 19, 2018

Is it ok to use a 32 bit instead of 64 due to starage8?

Latest posts