Question Restarted computer, no display, mouse wont power on, everything else works

Warmanreaper

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
So we just made a friend's computer not too long ago, using previous parts and buying some new ones, It worked for awhile, but last night he booted it up after getting off, and his Asus ROG Strix B450-F, puts on an orange type of light, he said all the fans etc work, but he has no display, and his mouse wont come on.

Warmanreaper

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
I
At the top inside corner of the ram are 4 troubleshooting LED's. Info can be found in the manual on page 1-10.
Let us know what color the led's are.
think I see what LEDS you're talking about. The ones indicating the DIMM slots? It's not those, it's the led to the right of those, it's a orangish yellow. I read online and ppl say its ram. I'm currently at his house trying to figure out what it is. I've tested individual rams sticks in different slots, the ram is brand new I bought it myself when we put the comp together a few weeks ago, its trident rgb ram 2x8, I do not have the manual

popatim

Titan
Most likely a ram issue then.
Have them shutdown and power off the PSU & try just 1 stick in the slot furthest away from the processor.
If that works then shutdown and power off the PSU and swap in the other one and see if that one works.

If that works then try both sticks again, one in the slot furthest slot fromt he CPU( slotB2 or the 4th slot) and slot A2 (the 2nd slot) as shown in the manual on pg 1-5
Crossing my fingers for you two!

Warmanreaper

Prominent
Apr 9, 2020
I've already tried that, tried both sticks in both sets of slots and 1 at a time aswell. Been trouble shooting ALL DAY. I tried a different graphics card, I tested ram slots, but if I unplug the CPU power cord, the LED goes away.... so I'm guessing that means the cpu died? Can somebody clarify

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS