Question 'Restarting' 4k screen

stephenlatimer7

Commendable
Jun 24, 2018
In short I have been having this problem a while but seems to be happening more recently

Have a Samsung U2450D 4k screen runnning off a gtx 1060 6gb, Ryzen 1700, although doubt that makes a difference The screen is immaculate no dead pixels but it resets randomly when Im using it for a second or 2 which can be the difference in life and death when gaming! Connections all very tight. Card only has one HDMI out. Tried both HDMI in ports on monitor. Same problem. Sometimes it happens very infrequently such as now but other times its driving me mad!!

On device manager its down as Generic PNP monitor buy I cant seem to update drivers. Have tried changing leads. The current one is supposed to be for gaming and cost about $30 (im in the UK)

Games run perfectly without a glitch (in 2k :( Cant afford anything better but its a perfectly good card so I am left scratching my head. but the problem occurs during games and also DT work.

Could anyone advise. GFX cards drivers up to date but this has been happening a while now. Power cord is a little loose but if that were the cause it would take more than a second to reset and Id probably have to manually switch it on. Maybe some tweaks I dont know about as monitors have never been my aread of expertise. Running desktop at 4k as recommended

Cheers for reading

stephenlatimer7

Commendable
Jun 24, 2018
OMG after ages of trying I found the drivers . Installed them so Device Manager recognises the correct model. Then it done the 2 second reset Hopefully the correct drivers will help but if not any ideas would really help

The post is a bit confusing, you said games run perfectly without a glitch at lower resolution is that correct? Or does the monitor blink on and off then also? Did you try another HDMI cord? Did you try another type of connection? You said the power cord is loose, push it in and tape it so it does not move at all see if that helps.

That monitor model does not show up in Google, are you sure you have the right model? Is it a monitor or TV?

Test with another monitor to make sure it's not the computer doing this, and test the monitor with another system.