Restarting build, looking for 2 replacements or more

sakeefahasan

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I've been working on a PC build a few months ago (first build) that I assumed would work just fine with all the parts at use ..... come a little bad RNG and I realized that either my CPU or MOBO was a doa. [I ran into an issue where the PC would start up along with all other functionalities but I was getting no video output to my monitor] and with that lost all motivation to go on. Come 2 months of the rest of my parts building dust on my table and I think I'm finally ready to finish what I started.

PC specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheBreadBakery/saved/

Also just wondering... because these parts have been laying around for quite some time, will the dust that has accumulated effect any performance? I will obviously clean it off but has the dust changed it somehow?

Current parts that I should be using

- GTX 1060 3 GB dual card
- 1TB HD
- Cooler (.... its such a pain to install so I'm considering swapping for convenience :mad:)
- RAM
- 250 GB SSD
- 650 80+ gold PSU (I had recently purchased another PSU when I was coming up with conclusions on why my PC was not working, an 800W bronze. Not sure which would work better)
- Windows 64 bit - - - - - [I SEEM TO HAVE ACCIDENTALLY PURCHASED THE DISC VERSION and I don't want to bother purchasing a disk drive... what route do I take here?]

Current parts that need to be replaced
- MOBO
- CPU [preferably id still like an i5 processor or anything intel branded]

I can check myself and have this post updated to see what everyone else thinks, but id like more on the cheap side of recommendations that can still synergize well with the current parts I have. Does anything else in the list of usable parts need to change to meet these requirements? Im open to all suggestions and can change if needed. Thanks for your time!

Solution
That psu is not a good gold rated psu. But you don't need a golf rated for the parts you have. A good bronze is sufficient.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($223.19 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($109.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($143.74 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB...
That psu is not a good gold rated psu. But you don't need a golf rated for the parts you have. A good bronze is sufficient.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($223.19 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($109.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($74.99 @ Newegg Business)
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($143.74 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.89 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Dual Video Card ($235.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT - S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($139.92 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1106.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-06 04:45 EDT-0400

Had to change the rams cuz of ryzen. Comes with a stock cooler.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS