[SOLVED] Restarting every time i load into a game

Oct 27, 2019
Recently, i don't know why but every single time my computer trys to load into a high demand game it just restarts itself. Now what i just don't get is with all the diagnostics I've done on paper there shouldn't be a problem. But there is so i have no idea how to fix this and its really getting on my nerves.
apparently i have to give a link to insert a picture so i cant show you what my specs are but ill type the basics:
Motherboard = GA-78LMT-USB3 R2.
Ram = Kingston hyper x fury 4* 4gb.
CPU = Amd fx 8350 eight core processor.
GPU = Amd radeon r9 280.
750w psu corsair.
Water-cooled so it won't be an overheating issue.
All diagnostic reports back telling me my system has no problems whats so ever.

Solution
It is supported. Unfortunately, it’s a fairly deceptive support list.

As drivinfast247 is saying /\/\
The wattage isn’t the issue. The quality of the VRMs from the previous generation isn’t good enough to properly power the FX series. Specifically any of the FX series drawing 125 watts or more. This is likely your issue.

The systems will often run for a long time with no issue. Once the the VRMs start to break down is when the problems start. I would recommend adjusting your voltage and clock speeds down if you are comfortable with the aspects of “underclocking”.

If that works, it’s still just a stop gap measure since the damage has been done. If you are on a budget, pick up something like the ASRock 970M Pro3 to replace...
Apr 4, 2019

The wattage isn’t the issue. The quality of the VRMs from the previous generation isn’t good enough to properly power the FX series. Specifically any of the FX series drawing 125 watts or more. This is likely your issue.

The systems will often run for a long time with no issue. Once the the VRMs start to break down is when the problems start. I would recommend adjusting your voltage and clock speeds down if you are comfortable with the aspects of “underclocking”.

If that works, it’s still just a stop gap measure since the damage has been done. If you are on a budget, pick up something like the ASRock 970M Pro3 to replace your current motherboard. That should handle the FX 8350.

Beyond that, I can’t suggest you buy a better motherboard or even stick with the FX series at this point. It’s reaching its end of life and is outstripped in performance and efficiency by many much newer and fairly inexpensive processors at this point. (I’m looking at you, Ryzen)

If anyone else has anything to add or any other possible solutions, please chime in.

Reactions: Lewis11
Solution

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Recently, i don't know why but every single time my computer trys to load into a high demand game it just restarts itself. Now what i just don't get is with all the diagnostics I've done on paper there shouldn't be a problem. But there is so i have no idea how to fix this and its really getting on my nerves.
apparently i have to give a link to insert a picture so i cant show you what my specs are but ill type the basics:
Motherboard = GA-78LMT-USB3 R2.
Ram = Kingston hyper x fury 4* 4gb.
CPU = Amd fx 8350 eight core processor.
GPU = Amd radeon r9 280.
750w psu corsair.
Water-cooled so it won't be an overheating issue.
All diagnostic reports back telling me my system has no problems whats so ever.

Your issue may be software related for all we know. What about your anti virus software? That could cause your PC to hard reboot when playing games as well. Try uninstalling it to see if thats the problem. If it still crashes, then it could be your operating system. You may have to do a clean install. How about the thermal paste on your processesers? When was the last time you replaced them? Don't let the reported temteratures fool you. I'd still check the paste to see if its still any good.

Reactions: Lewis11
Oct 27, 2019
Your issue may be software related for all we know. What about your anti virus software? That could cause your PC to hard reboot when playing games as well. Try uninstalling it to see if thats the problem. If it still crashes, then it could be your operating system. You may have to do a clean install. How about the thermal paste on your processesers? When was the last time you replaced them? Don't let the reported temteratures fool you. I'd still check the paste to see if its still any good.
I replaced the thermal paste very recently so thats not a problem. I recently wiped my drives so i only have steam and a few games installed and it still does it.

Oct 27, 2019

If that works, it’s still just a stop gap measure since the damage has been done. If you are on a budget, pick up something like the ASRock 970M Pro3 to replace your current motherboard. That should handle the FX 8350.

Beyond that, I can’t suggest you buy a better motherboard or even stick with the FX series at this point. It’s reaching its end of life and is outstripped in performance and efficiency by many much newer and fairly inexpensive processors at this point. (I’m looking at you, Ryzen)

If anyone else has anything to add or any other possible solutions, please chime in.
Ill have a go. Thanks for the suggestion this issue has been a problem for a while now and its really annoying.

Oct 27, 2019
Turns out problem isnt solved. Is only partly solved. It was restarting every game but now only restarts when gta loads into the actual game not the start up.
The error i was getting is
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}