Question Restarting PC and No Longer Boots Up (Black Screen on Monitor)

Dec 24, 2020
Hi all,

Just thought I would post and ask what the heck is going on after trying to debug it.

Recently built my computer with the following components:
Gigabyte Aorus B450 PRO WIFI
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB
EVGA 750 W PSU

It functioned for about a month or so, with fine performance and almost no issues.

When I restarted it earlier this evening, it boot up with all the peripherals and LEDs lit up, but the monitor just displays a black screen.
I've reseated all the RAM, checked all the cables, and restarted several times to no avail.

There's a red VGA LED that is lit, which per manual indicates that VGA is not working correctly.
I'm not sure what's wrong or what to do next. I've read about flashing the BIOS, but I'm not sure how to do that with this configuration.

Would appreciate any and all help, since I'm at a loss for what to do next.

Happy Holidays and thank you in advance!

Hi itMeRaD.

What is the model of that EVGA PSU? Could be a low quality PSU issue with that RTX 3070.

You tried reseating the GPU in the PCIe slot?

You tried a Clear CMOS below?
Shutdown system. Turn PSU switch to off. Unplug from wall. Press the power button and keep it pressed for 10 seconds. Remove the battery from the motherboard. Come back in 5 mins and put the battery back. Plug PSU in the wall. Flip PSU switch to on. Turn on system.

Dec 24, 2020
Hi itMeRaD.

What is the model of that EVGA PSU? Could be a low quality PSU issue with that RTX 3070.

You tried reseating the GPU in the PCIe slot?

You tried a Clear CMOS below?
Shutdown system. Turn PSU switch to off. Unplug from wall. Press the power button and keep it pressed for 10 seconds. Remove the battery from the motherboard. Come back in 5 mins and put the battery back. Plug PSU in the wall. Flip PSU switch to on. Turn on system.

HI Nemesia,

The model is EVGA Supernova 750 GT.

Yes, I've tried seating the GPU in the PCIe slots. I've attempted to both boot with and without the GPU and it appears that neither works.

Yes, I've also attempted to clear the CMOS as well. I've removed the battery and replaced it after waiting a period of time. I've also attempted to clear the CMOS through the "Clear CMOS Jumper" on the motherboard as well.

After clearing the CMOS, the motherboard cycles through CPU and DRAM and then just gets stuck on VGA.

Thanks!