Question Restarting PC and SSD Issue

Jan 5, 2021
Hey everyone, I have such a huge problem with this PC and any help would be appreciated.
I built a computer last year in March 2020. Here is the specs.
Sometimes my computer would suddenly reboot itself and try to go back into boot. During boot it would keep turning on and off as if it is in a loop and I would have to leave it alone for awhile turned off so it can.. i dont know. Figure itself out? Sometimes when it goes back into boot it would show "no storage found" when the HP EX950 was the boot drive. I have since made my 500GB SSD the bootdrive.
Things I have done to resolve the issue include:
  • Changing the motherboard. (It still happens)
  • Checking my PSU (I did not replace it but the test was fine)
  • Checking the RAM (still happens)
  • Taking the 1TB out completely (it happened but not as often)
I sent the HP SSD in for warranty and while using the 500GB it did happen but NOT AS MUCH. Probably twice. I got the HD SSD back and the FIRST THING that happened when I put it back in was the issue reappeared. Curiously, sometimes it happens, other times it does not.
When this happen the SSD just is gone until I restart the computer and it magically reappears. Usually this happens when I am playing a game that is loaded onto the HP SSD but sometimes it even happens when I play a game on the 500GB SSD. I have a HUNCH that this might be an electrical problem from the HOUSE rather than the computer itself (I have ordered a UPS which I will be getting tomorrow so I will update if it might solve the problem). We have a old house of 50+ years. Terrible upkeep. I have had issues with this room just losing power completely at times. Also Mice.
But I want a second opinion! Please let me know what you guys think or any steps to take to solve the issue. :( I just wanna play games without losing my save.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How did you check the PSU? Paperclip test? If so, that's not an indication of if the PSU is good or bad. In fact paper clip tests don't state how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? I think you're also experiencing grounding issues if the house you're living is 50+ years old. The wring in it might also be to blame.

Jan 5, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How did you check the PSU? Paperclip test? If so, that's not an indication of if the PSU is good or bad. In fact paper clip tests don't state how much power the PSU can effectively output to the entire system.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? I think you're also experiencing grounding issues if the house you're living is 50+ years old. The wring in it might also be to blame.

I did do the paperclip test! But I see, I hope I do not have to turn my PSU in for warranty (lord knows how bad the post is rn). I'm not sure how to check my Bios version, but I did not do an update of it or see the need to do it (so it is right out of the box). I figure that it might be my house which is why I purchased a UPS. I also changed the battery settings to my computer to High Performance as I saw in separate forums that could also cause an issue somehow. I will update if the problem changes.

What gets me is that this specific SSD only dies when I am playing something off of it. So say I have a gamedownloaded onto the 1TB and play a game, it will happen. Whereas games I have downloaded on my 500GB it does not do it (at least extremely rarely). My only solution right now while I wait is to transfer games onto my 500GB and then back when I no longer play it.