I am trying to find out why my comp. will restart while
in the middle of a game or the newest problem while using
the scanner.

Rt click on MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart Box. You may next time
get a error message. Write it down and post it here.