Restore favtory settings

My home Pc is installed with Windows XP Home Edition. When i bought the PC
windows was already installed on it and i recieved no windows XP Disc.

to put a long story short, my PC is now f****d and i need to restore my
computer to factory settings.
can anyone help me???

The manufacturer of your computer is in the best position to help you. In
fact, only the manufacturer has the ability to restore your computer to
factory settings, if that's even possible. If it's possible, it may
accomplished by a restore partition on your hard disk. If it's not possible,
you have to go out and buy all the software that came with your computer,
then erase your hard disk and start from scratch. Talk to the manufacturer
first.

Modem Ani

"Bit**t*ts" <Bittts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My home Pc is installed with Windows XP Home Edition. When i bought the PC
> windows was already installed on it and i recieved no windows XP Disc.
>
> to put a long story short, my PC is now f****d and i need to restore my
> computer to factory settings.
> can anyone help me???

Did you receive a restore disk from the manufacture when you bought
it. Most OEM's do not give you a Windows XP disk with the system but
do either include a CD for recovering the system or put the file on
the hard drive that you can copy to a CD or run. If you have a Dell
you can download it from Dell if you have a the numbers off of the
system.
TonySper

"Bit**t*ts" <Bittts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My home Pc is installed with Windows XP Home Edition. When i bought
the PC
windows was already installed on it and i recieved no windows XP Disc.

to put a long story short, my PC is now f****d and i need to restore
my
computer to factory settings.
can anyone help me???

If it's an H/P you may be able to restore it by pumping the F10 key at
startup till the recovery screen appears,then select destructive
recovery.I've done a lot of review on this in the last 2 days for my H/P.If
it is go to hp.com and after putting in you model # type recovery in the
search box.The copy of XP is on a hidden portion on your harddrive.

"Bit**t*ts" wrote:

> My home Pc is installed with Windows XP Home Edition. When i bought the PC
> windows was already installed on it and i recieved no windows XP Disc.
>
> to put a long story short, my PC is now f****d and i need to restore my
> computer to factory settings.
> can anyone help me???

TRENDING THREADS