Question Restore Point leaves program uninstalled but files still there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
I recently reverted to the most recent restore point on my Windows 7 machine but it uninstalled 1 big big program (15GB) but left the file folders untouched in C/Program FIles. I want to free up space on my SSD and reinstall that same program again. But what do I do now? Do I just delete the previous folders? Is there still registry entries ?

Did you try and uninstall the program before you reverted to a restore point? If not I would reinstall the program and then uninstall through Programs and Features. If this leaves the files behind I would craete another restore point and then delete the folders.

Last edited:

ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
I told you I used system restore which uninstalled 1 program. But its files are still in C drive. Its not in the control panel.I just want to know if deleting its folder and reinstalling it again is going to be an issue? Its autodesk inventor 2021
Okay, I understand that. At this point I don't know if it is safe to delete the folders or not. According to this article, after using the uninstall feature you can delete the files and folders that are left. https://knowledge.autodesk.com/cust...stall/remove-products/remove-windows-products . Apparently the uninstall program clears the registry, which makes it safe to delete the remaining folders and files. That is why I was wondering if you first tried to use the uninstall app, Programs and Features, rather than just using a restore point

Status
Not open for further replies.