Restore programs to search function after installing ssd

kanoka42

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Basically I installed a new ssd as the boot section for windows and need some assistance as I don't know how to word it I guess. I want to know if there is any way to have the programs on the hdd searchable under the ssd. So say I hit the windows key and type chro.. it pull up the chrome program instead of a download suggestion. Also can I reset my desktop back to what it was before I switched to the ssd or do I have to manually make short cuts for everything that was there.

Solution
If you've re-installed Windows since installing those programs on the HDD, you will have to re-install them again since as things stand, Windows doesn't know anything about them.

Those programs simply won't run until you re-install them anyway. The Windows Registry knows nothing about them, and there are no program support files for them in your new Windows installation.
If you've re-installed Windows since installing those programs on the HDD, you will have to re-install them again since as things stand, Windows doesn't know anything about them.

Those programs simply won't run until you re-install them anyway. The Windows Registry knows nothing about them, and there are no program support files for them in your new Windows installation.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS