Question Restore stock firmware for Archer C2600 router (using openwrt) and?

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
I have this router.
TP-Link Archer C2600

Years ago installed openwrt firmware on same (just testing) since then never looked up.
Wasn't too restore back to stick firmware (original state)

How can I do same?
I have difficulty in blocking new connections on openwrt firmware.

Thanks

kanewolf

Titan
I have this router.
TP-Link Archer C2600

Years ago installed openwrt firmware on same (just testing) since then never looked up.
Wasn't too restore back to stick firmware (original state)

How can I do same?
I have difficulty in blocking new connections on openwrt firmware.

Thanks
The OpenWRT has a WIKI with a generic uninstall --https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/installation/generic.uninstall
They also have a page for your hardware -- =c2600]https://openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/archer_c2600_v1?s[]=c2600

Reactions: TalkingTomCat
Be sure to read the instructions completely and check to be sure they are for your exact router. TPlink has a bad habit of using different hardware revisions and keeping the name the same. Not sure if this applies to your device.

There are some routers that are more difficult than others but if you follow the process exactly you should be fine. Most routers you can no longer totally brick they have methods that let you recover them even if you mess up.

It has been a long while since I played with third party firmware other than merlin for asus. A lot of the features people used load third party firmware to get are now in the factory images of even fairly cheap routers.

TalkingTomCat

Prominent
Aug 22, 2022
Be sure to read the instructions completely and check to be sure they are for your exact router. TPlink has a bad habit of using different hardware revisions and keeping the name the same. Not sure if this applies to your device.

There are some routers that are more difficult than others but if you follow the process exactly you should be fine. Most routers you can no longer totally brick they have methods that let you recover them even if you mess up.

It has been a long while since I played with third party firmware other than merlin for asus. A lot of the features people used load third party firmware to get are now in the factory images of even fairly cheap routers.
Thanks for details, appreciate.
Is there anything better then openwrt for my router.
Going with stock firmware (apart from same)

Tplink has one of the better factory firmware. Used to be you loaded third party firmware so you could use say firewall or filters or maybe nas support. Most these type of features are very common in routers now days.
I only use merlin because the vpn support is better but asus has taken a lot of the merlin vpn stuff into the base code.

Mostly you would use third party firmware if you wanted a actual "router". Most third party images support stuff like mulitple subnets and vlans etc. Some even support actual routing protocols. Only a very tiny number of home users even know what the difference between a gateway and a true router. Almost every device you buy from the electronics store that is called a router would be better called a gateway.