Restrictions: This operation has been cancelled...

Can someone please help me. I am the Administrator on my
computer but keep getting the following error every time
I go into Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on Tools,
then on Internet Options:

Restrictions:

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
effect on this computer. Please contact your system
administrator.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

"Angela" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Can someone please help me. I am the Administrator on my
> computer but keep getting the following error every time
> I go into Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on Tools,
> then on Internet Options:
>
> Restrictions:
>
> This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
> effect on this computer. Please contact your system
> administrator.
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback!

In case you use Spybot there´s a ability to restrict that way. I don´t know
the names in english, but can you go through
"Arbeitsplatz"-"Systemsteuerung"-"Internetoptionen"?

If you use Spybot here´s the way where you probably restricted that item:

-Start Spybot in "Advanced Mode"
-Go to "Tools"
-Go to "IE Tweaks"

You can see three fields on the right to check up. If the third one is
checked - that´s the restriction!

I hope, i could help - although my english is not the best....

C U L8er
Werner

Werner's method didn't work for me (but thanks, Werner), I couldn't find
the settings.

I found this on another page and it worked:

if you are using spybot search and destroy open it and goto immunize at
bottom of page uncheck c option that protects ie explorer then goto
file,exit, close currently open explorer windows. then reopen new
window and tools should work properly.

But it wasn't label as option c and I couldn't see it until I scrolled
down or maximized the screen.

--
nomoslogos

"nomoslogos" <nomoslogos.1e7042@mail.mcse.ms> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Werner's method didn't work for me (but thanks, Werner), I couldn't find
> the settings.

I think in the english version of XP they can be found at "Control
Panel" - "Internet Options".

> I found this on another page and it worked:
>
> if you are using spybot search and destroy open it and goto immunize at
> bottom of page uncheck c option that protects ie explorer then goto
> file,exit, close currently open explorer windows. then reopen new
> window and tools should work properly.
>
> But it wasn't label as option c and I couldn't see it until I scrolled
> down or maximized the screen.

If the way mentioned above (Control Panel - Internet Options) is ok for you
i would leave the settings in Spybot! If you can´t access the Internet
Settings from IE any programm (Virus, Spyware) could have the same problem.
In my case the way through IE6 is still left restricted - i have to go the
long way.
I hope, you know what i want to say. And sorry for my english...

C U Werner

Hi Angela,

If your problem still hasnt been fixed, try resetting program access
and defaults to microsoft products.

Go to control panel, add/remove programs and then Program access and
defaults tab.

Click on the first radio button for all microsoft products.

Angela wrote:
> *Can someone please help me. I am the Administrator on my
> computer but keep getting the following error every time
> I go into Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on Tools,
> then on Internet Options:
>
> Restrictions:
>
> This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in
> effect on this computer. Please contact your system
> administrator.
>
> Thanks in advance for any feedback! *

--
jaavee