[SOLVED] Retiring Tower PC

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
I am about to by a new PC and the one being replaced is still in good shape. Can a prior PC be repurposed and used for something else? Can someone please cite examples? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Well you can always sell it, or donate it to about any charity that will give it to somebody else to use.

You could also use it for like your TV to run Amazon Prime, Netflix , etc... home server, dedicated streaming PC their a lot of different uses.

If you use editing programs you could transfer files to it to render while your still using your new PC to work on new projects the possibilities are almost endless.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Well you can always sell it, or donate it to about any charity that will give it to somebody else to use.

You could also use it for like your TV to run Amazon Prime, Netflix , etc... home server, dedicated streaming PC their a lot of different uses.

If you use editing programs you could transfer files to it to render while your still using your new PC to work on new projects the possibilities are almost endless.

Last edited:
Solution

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016
It's cool to have two computers running. I'd keep it and find something useful to do with it.

Or like USAFRet said. Just give it to someone who has an old system or doesn't have one.
Agreed but it would have to be without an OS given the terms agreed on made with the Govt. I am not allowed to share it withe anyone. Someone would need to have a copy of Windows. Not everyone is tech savvy enough to load and configure Linux. Thoughts?

versionmanager

Honorable
Dec 19, 2016

Thanks for this.