Retractable 3.5mm extension

Scottyboy01

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
Im looking for a 3.5mm audio extension that is retractable. What i need is one that is stationary on one end and retractable on the other. I would prefer the stationary end be female and retractable be male, but male to male will do.( no female female) I will be using it to plug ps4 headset into controller while routing cable underneath desk to hide. I have turtle beaches so use usb and stereo from controller, i want to plug turtle beach 3.5 into stationary side and b able to plug retractable side into controller then hide when done. :)

Solution
Okay.

Try googling "retractable cord cable reel" or similar wording.

You will find a variety of products - here is an example link:

http://www.stageninja.com/reels.html

No sense of your budget per se and your exact setup with respect to any given product. Plus your willingness or DIY abilities to modify some product.

"Retractable" is the key word so that may lead to a specific product or something viable you can work with.

Ralston18

Titan
Not viable. Your meaning of "hide" is not clear.

Almost feel that there has been some rather interesting translator mauling of your posting.....

Just simply obtain a 3.5 mm gender changer and use as warranted.

3.5 mm male to male cables are readily availble.

Scottyboy01

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

I'm looking for a 3.5mm that winds up when done but all the ones ive found you must extend both sides, I need one with an affixed or stationary side and just one side retractable. By hiding it i mean this, I have an extension ran under my desk out of view as of now. i would like to use the rectractor so that no cord is on the ground. sorry if im not making any since.

Ralston18

Titan
Do you mean something like of one those little key-chain like devices/gadgets that attach to your belt and allow you to pull the keys out to the lock without disconnecting the carrier from your belt. And then simple retracts/rewinds as you bring the keys back?

This:

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=retractable+1%2f8+%22audio+extension&view=detailv2&&id=5551E94767B8B873A68CF9281B800796E75B34BE&selectedIndex=6&ccid=hwiGjn9s&simid=608019923828804131&thid=OIP.M8708868e7f6c7520217d5a645ec47076o0&ajaxhist=0

but with only one end being able to extend?

Scottyboy01

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

yes with only one end if looked and looked and need help.

Ralston18

Titan
Ok thanks. However, just to help me understand...

What is the problem with both ends being retractable?

Is your plan to have the extension cable retract in/out while wearing the headphones and moving about?

Those retractable gadgets can be problematic and tend to break easily.

Otherwise if the connecting cable is to be hidden under a desk I would just use an extension cable with the desired gender ends and coil any extra cable up underneath if the cable is too long and you do not need the slack. Lots of velcro and other stick-on/adhesive hooks and loops available for just such purposes.

Scottyboy01

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015

im going to have it mounted on bottom and wont be able to pull both sides.

Ralston18

Titan
Okay.

Try googling "retractable cord cable reel" or similar wording.

You will find a variety of products - here is an example link:

http://www.stageninja.com/reels.html

No sense of your budget per se and your exact setup with respect to any given product. Plus your willingness or DIY abilities to modify some product.

"Retractable" is the key word so that may lead to a specific product or something viable you can work with.

Solution