Retrieve protected data still on Hard Drive!!

hi there

just wondering if anyone can help me,

I am using Windows XP Home edition

i reinstalled my windows xp over my old on, and during the installation it
says files and documents will be moved to "My old Disk Structure ". i then
continued the installation and create a new account to log into windows, when
i logged in and accessed that folder, everything seemed normal and the files
were there

So i went into my old dick structure and clicked on documents and settings,
then tried to open my previous user account files but it says access denied

it probably because my old user account was set as administrator and was
password protected, so i can access them files!!!!!

soo annoying, all other programs and files were fine

just cant access them files, from my previous user account

i tried searching for them but no results,

i know the files r still there, as my hard disks space remained the same b4
reinstallation,

i even tried using the files and settings transfers, but it doesnt work,

if anyone has any suggestion on how i can retrieve the files them i be very
delighted!!!

Many thanks !!

jonny:D

Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"Jonny D." wrote:

| hi there
|
| just wondering if anyone can help me,
|
| I am using Windows XP Home edition
|
| i reinstalled my windows xp over my old on, and during the installation it
| says files and documents will be moved to "My old Disk Structure ". i then
| continued the installation and create a new account to log into windows, when
| i logged in and accessed that folder, everything seemed normal and the files
| were there
|
| So i went into my old dick structure and clicked on documents and settings,
| then tried to open my previous user account files but it says access denied
|
| it probably because my old user account was set as administrator and was
| password protected, so i can access them files!!!!!
|

| soo annoying, all other programs and files were fine
|
| just cant access them files, from my previous user account
|
| i tried searching for them but no results,
|
| i know the files r still there, as my hard disks space remained the same b4
| reinstallation,
|
| i even tried using the files and settings transfers, but it doesnt work,
|
| if anyone has any suggestion on how i can retrieve the files them i be very
| delighted!!!
|
| Many thanks !!
|

| jonny:D

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-1, 05/02/2005
Tested on: 5/3/2005 1:23:58 PM