Question Returning problem - PC won't post/boot/fan spin

Mar 29, 2020
Hello TomsHardware,

I've been on here a few times, especially when I was a kid I found a guide to choose a proper PSU brand back in like 2012 times, so I figured I'd come here with my issue.

I built a pc for my friend in '13 on a msi z97 gaming 5 motherboard. He gamed happily ever after until he had booting problems. Usually solved by troubleshooting power/battery until the PSU emitted a spark. After that, we replaced the PSU and again, it lived happily after, for almost 2 years. However, today it started showing the same symptoms. The pc won't boot, no fan spin no nothing. There is a blue LED flashing right nexto the bios battery.

After about 2 hours of waiting, his pc did boot all the sudden, but he needed to go into bios to enable multimonitor support - but then again the PC stopped booting, he didn't even get the chance to go into bios settings.

I told him to re-seat important cables like the cpu and motherboard connectors but this didn't help either.

Any chance that you guys can give me idea's on troubleshooting this issue? Atm I just don't want to believe that the psu is being defective yet again, but in the back of my head I keep thinking that there is something slowly causing the psu to fail.

EDIT: Asking for idea's because of the corona lockdown we have here + I'm in no health to go out right now
EDIT2: The new PSU (Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 full modular) was purchased in Feb 2019

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS