Question Reuse SSD?

wogfor

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2016
Hello!

Just upgraded from a Crucial 240 GB to a 1 TB and loving it! 2 parts to my question:

First, if I want to reuse it either for extra storage or another PC, how do I wipe it clean so it would be as new?

Second, all my SATA ports are full, so I could add a SATA control card to use the new/old drive(s)?

I actually have another unused SSD drive so I could actually put in a couple of them. Don't know why but they are just sitting there... So why not?

Thanks

Hello!

Just upgraded from a Crucial 240 GB to a 1 TB and loving it! 2 parts to my question:

First, if I want to reuse it either for extra storage or another PC, how do I wipe it clean so it would be as new?

Second, all my SATA ports are full, so I could add a SATA control card to use the new/old drive(s)?

I actually have another unused SSD drive so I could actually put in a couple of them. Don't know why but they are just sitting there... So why not?

Thanks
If you have so much storage you may be better off getting a SATA to USB (preferably 3 or 3.1) and use it/them as fast USB storage. I switched to that from USB sticks, way faster and cheaper.