[SOLVED] Revamping old mouse & keyboard ?

yabarsho123

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2016
Hello everyone

I have the logitech pro wired keyboard (60%) and the logitech pro wirless mouse ( not superlight version).

My question is ive had them both since launch and there starting to feel like they are sliding in my hand.
I know our skin oils makes things rub off, im looking for a way to make both mouse and keyboard feel like new out of the box again?
any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Solution
Are they your favorite keyboard and mouse? Get a blow can of air clean 'em out. A paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and clean the surface of each key. Then use some light disinfectant like Lysol. Do the mouse, too. Clean the eye of the mouse with rubbing alcohol so i it can see the surface. Use a Q-tip and be gentle.
Get a bucket of warm water, a medium scrub brush and dish soap and clean your mouse pad.
Clean the desk top the same way. Use no furniture wax.

Rexer

Distinguished
Are they your favorite keyboard and mouse? Get a blow can of air clean 'em out. A paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and clean the surface of each key. Then use some light disinfectant like Lysol. Do the mouse, too. Clean the eye of the mouse with rubbing alcohol so i it can see the surface. Use a Q-tip and be gentle.
Get a bucket of warm water, a medium scrub brush and dish soap and clean your mouse pad.
Clean the desk top the same way. Use no furniture wax.

Solution
Hello everyone

I have the logitech pro wired keyboard (60%) and the logitech pro wirless mouse ( not superlight version).

My question is ive had them both since launch and there starting to feel like they are sliding in my hand.
I know our skin oils makes things rub off, im looking for a way to make both mouse and keyboard feel like new out of the box again?
any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

You wont' be able to, the plastic is worn. Even if you clean it, they will feel odd, and can be sticky. You won't be able to resurface them.