[SOLVED] Reverse Airflow for more RAM?

Apr 9, 2020
Would it be a blunder to reverse the airflow in my computer to install more RAM? Right now air is moving front to back, bottom to top, but my CPU fan is blocking a RAM slot. If I reverse the CPU fan then I can get 32gb of RAM, but I feel like would also need to reverse the case fans for that to make sense.

I can't say that the extra RAM would be especially noticeable to me, but I am pretty hard on computers -- some rudimentary graphics and video editing, occasionally large spreadsheets, some math simulations, I usually have 8 -10 browser windows, etc. And, of course, gaming. I should note that this was not a planned build. My computer failed last week, I am working from home and needed a quick replacement. So I followed a build from Linus Tech Tips:

i7-9700k
ASUS Prime z390-P
Intel 760p SSD
Nvidia RTX 2080
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
NZXT H440 case

The CPU cooler was not my first choice but I needed something that would ship from the U.S. and had to make a quick decision. I am willing to swap it out, although the temps seem fine and it would be much easier and cheaper to just reverse the fans.

Solution
For the 212 EVO, you can just slide the fan UP a little bit to clear the RAM in the first slot.
It won't affect the cooling.