[SOLVED] Reversed two DS RAM and two SS RAM Installation on quad channel motherboard?

AlexsvonMüller

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
P5PKL/EPU
4 x 1GB DDR2

My RAM stick has just arrived yesterday and I got 2 DS stick and 2 SS stick, I read the manual book about installing DIMMs, the manual said I should install identical stick on A1 and B1 and another identical stick on A2 and B2, I wonder what gonna happen if I install DS ram on A2 and B2 and SS ram on A1 and B1, will it cause BSOD, beeping sound, etc? Thank you

Solution
P5PKL/EPU
4 x 1GB DDR2

My RAM stick has just arrived yesterday and I got 2 DS stick and 2 SS stick, I read the manual book about installing DIMMs, the manual said I should install identical stick on A1 and B1 and another identical stick on A2 and B2, I wonder what gonna happen if I install DS ram on A2 and B2 and SS ram on A1 and B1, will it cause BSOD, beeping sound, etc? Thank you
You are mixing different types of RAM so at high risk to stability no matter where you install them, you'll just have to experiment.
P5PKL/EPU
4 x 1GB DDR2

You are mixing different types of RAM so at high risk to stability no matter where you install them, you'll just have to experiment.

Solution