[SOLVED] reversing ground with hot on female connector of 3 pin fan

Oct 11, 2019
Hi all,
Pictured is an NZXT Kraken G12 VRM fan next to a Corsair H50 aio radiator fan.
On the Corsair the ground and hot are reversed where the NZXT follows the pin out
schematics in the two pictures below. What is the logic behind reversing the polarity?
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/LKMshU

"UPDATE" -- The Corsair is indeed pinned out correctly on the female connector as I've hooked both fans up to a 9 volt battery and both tests confirmed that the lead from the 12 v "hot" pin in the correct schematic position on both fan connectors spun the fan from the "+" positive terminal on the 9 volt battery and neither the other way around. My conclusion is that the PCB on the Corsair fan is where the 12 v and Ground connections are reversed.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019
"UPDATE" -- The Corsair is indeed pinned out correctly on the female connector as I've hooked both fans up to a 9 volt battery and both tests confirmed that the lead from the 12 v "hot" pin in the correct schematic position on both fan connectors spun the fan from the "+" positive terminal on the 9 volt battery and neither the other way around. My conclusion is that the PCB on the Corsair fan is where the 12 v and Ground connections are reversed.

Oct 11, 2019

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS