[SOLVED] Review my build

Solution
About the cooler, I guess a Cooler Master Hyper 212 should be enough?

It would be plenty - the 3700X is only a 65W part so at stock settings it typically runs fine on the box cooler. If you plan on overclocking then a stronger cooler should help although just be aware you don't gain much over stock with the 3700X (typically the best result is just to enable the 'PBO' boost feature in the bios to get higher sustained all core boost clocks and leave it at that).

I think a Hyper 212 would be sufficient for PBO as long as there are a few case fans to get hot air out of the case.
I want to build a Gaming PC after 5 years without one. my budget is around 1500eu and this is what I have picked so far. What do you think?

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/user/pcriv/saved/#view=nJxy4D

It all looks good to me... the only thing worth mentioning, there are new graphics cards from both nVidia and AMD due in the next couple of months. It might not be the best time to buy a higher end board like the 2070 Super right now...

Reactions: pcriv
Jul 20, 2020
It all looks good to me... the only thing worth mentioning, there are new graphics cards from both nVidia and AMD due in the next couple of months. It might not be the best time to buy a higher end board like the 2070 Super right now...
True, I've been checking on that, but if I go for those I think I will have to wait for 4-6 months still :/

I think the motherboard is overkill unless you have a need for an expensive X570. A good quality B550 at 1/2 the price will game exactly the same. I would put the money saved in RAM with a CL if 16 or lower, CL19 is a bit high/slow. At least you will get some performance gain from lower CL. You also didn’t list and case fans, you want at least 3 fans for good airflow. The cpu cooler is also a bit overkill, the 3700x is not a hot cpu but with that cooler you can run a low rpm for no/minimal noise.

Jul 20, 2020
I think the motherboard is overkill unless you have a need for an expensive X570. A good quality B550 at 1/2 the price will game exactly the same. I would put the money saved in RAM with a CL if 16 or lower, CL19 is a bit high/slow. At least you will get some performance gain from lower CL. You also didn’t list and case fans, you want at least 3 fans for good airflow. The cpu cooler is also a bit overkill, the 3700x is not a hot cpu but with that cooler you can run a low rpm for no/minimal noise.

Do you think the MSI MAG B550M MORTAR WIFI is a good alternative?

Jul 20, 2020

It would be plenty - the 3700X is only a 65W part so at stock settings it typically runs fine on the box cooler. If you plan on overclocking then a stronger cooler should help although just be aware you don't gain much over stock with the 3700X (typically the best result is just to enable the 'PBO' boost feature in the bios to get higher sustained all core boost clocks and leave it at that).

I think a Hyper 212 would be sufficient for PBO as long as there are a few case fans to get hot air out of the case.

Solution