Review my overclocking with feedback

enzoamata

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I'm wanting to post my results here to see if a friend and I have done things correctly or if there are more tweaks we don't know about?

capturemr.png
capture1l.png

Any feedback is welcome. If anyone needs more screen shots to determine any further information then let me know.​

enzoamata

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I'm using a P5E3. When I load up PS or heavier software.

Multiplier: x 9.0
CPU Core Speed: 3600-ish

From what I can tell it's using my CPU only when it needs. Those reading are from when the computer is idle.

Yes, but you are still overclocking your memory. The 1:2 FSB:RAM ratio tells me that. OTOH, if your settings are stable and you are happy with what you have, don't worry about it.

enzoamata

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Does that mean that I'm working the ram more often and harder than the CPU?

Also how would I get it to the 1:1 ratio that your taking about? What benifits would the 1:1 ratio gain me?

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Disable speedstep so that it wont back down to the x6 multiplier. (;

When you raise the FSB it will raise the ram speed (unless you unlink the two) so going with a 1:1 ratio will stop your ram from being overclocked and hindering your cpu's speed.

enzoamata

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I've looked for the EIST setting and don't see it anywhere. I am worried tho as I have just noticed this writting in red on my bois.

enzoamata

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
More BIOS and CPUZ pictures to help you guys figure out what's going on. When I ran the FSB at 800 it failed to boot but I thought I'd show you the settings anyway. I found the EIST and it made no difference :(

Linkage...