Discussion Review of a CyberpowerPC...not bad, not bad at all!

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
I have built all my systems since the 90s. Love building. But for this one time, I figured since prebuilts are different than they were years ago, I'd try it out. I went with CyberpowerPC. This is a review a month after purchase. The exact model was this one:

I paid 2399 for it. The hardware in my system from hwinfo and not being dumb is:

cpu: amd 7900x
motherboard: asus x670-p wifi (w/latest 1808 bios (2 days ago)
ram: 32gb ddr5 6000mhz tforce ram
ssd: 2tb crucial p3 plus nvme m2 gen 4 (latest firmware)
video card: pny 4080 black
psu: apevia prestige 1000 watt comes with 12VHPWR cable
aio: 360mm cyberpowerpc aio 3 120mm fans rgb
intake fans front: 2 120mm rgb fans
exhaust fan back: 140mm rgb fan
case: cyberpowerpc case shown in link above
standard rgb keyboard and mouse - I have my own steelseries and glorious o wireless mouse.

So after all is said and done, this system hauls ass! It came with a clean as hell win 11 install. All name brand hardware except the PSU but that still is not half bad. Not one piece of bloat at all. They didn't even install armory crate thank God! it was just a fresh base install of win 11 home. I updated it and installed the latest drivers and everything. I am really impresssed. The bulid quality, the cleanliness of the cables and case itself. The speed and minimal install of no bloat made this easy peasy fast gaming rig. Everything just works and the temps on my 7900x are 25c to 32c idle. GPU is 30c idle. And the case is cool as hell. Airflow is really good. I don't know how much parting each of the pieces of hardware out would cost but honestly?

This was such a good experience with a prebuilt, that I would def do this again without issue. I am going to probably get a better nvme ssd down the road but that is about it (samsung or wd gen 5). Pcie gen 5 nvme which this board supports on the first m2 slot. And the great thing is? I didn't have to put together jack <Mod Edit>. Even though that is fun, I am done doing that for awhile. I have this system connected to a 48in LG C2 OLED TV and gaming, HDR gaming is balls man, balls! On the games I play, warzone, d4, bf and stuff, I get 120fps at 4k maxed out with dlss on quality.

But man, prebuilt for me went well. Totally awesome purchase. Good luck out there! CyberpowerPC gets A+ from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: stonecarver
Hey there,

Firstly, glad you're enjoying your new rig! :)

Some nice components. Some other, not so nice.

The first thing you should do is get a new PSU. Apevia psu's are cheap and for a reason. I would not have one in my own gaming rigs. No. Never. The reason it's 1000w is to also ensure there's no tripping an overprotection with your CPU/GPU combo. But you could get by with a really strong 850w PSU. Something like a Corsair RM/RMx/RMI/TXM. Also Seasonic Vertex, MSI MPG. This is where the builder gets a nice margin on crappy PSU's. Same with bespoke Cyberpower branded AIO/Case etc.

The P3 ssd is average at best. It's in the budget section for PCie 4.0 drives. Maybe look at a faster drive down the line.

Price wise, it's a lot of dough. But, you know it would have been cheaper if you built it yourself.

Apart from that, yeah dude, looks like a nice build. It's giving you amazing performance, and that's all that really matters. I'd say it looks glorious on the bit tv!? Enjoy that bad boy! :)

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
1 year warranty.

PSU and SSD I will upgrade later on. I am in no rush. Everything works and works well. There are 0 issues.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
The P3 Plus actually Crucial not Corsair. They are, so far as I can tell, one of the better budget options for Gen 4 right now.

As to the build, I say enjoy it and hopefully no issue arise. Cyberpower doesn't (so far as I know) make their own parts, so anything branded by them is actually someone else's product. I know some years ago they had "their" case which was actually a Phanteks. A buddy of mine bought one during the GPU shortage and had a bad graphics card. They not only took care of it but did so quickly.

CP has done a lot to dig their own reputation. I like the fact that they have started offering builds where you can pick options to some degree towards more quality items. IMO, you could have done worse.

NickyB

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
If I parted all those pieces out by themselves...I wonder how much they would cost?

265$ for the motherboard
415$ for the cpu
1150$ for the 4080
90$ memory
86$ ssd

I'm sure you can get better pricing then me. Then the rest. Seems like an okay deal for having it built for me. What I'll do is change out the P3 to a gen 5 nvme whenever samsung or WD release their gen5s. Then I'll upgrade the psu later on. For now everything is good.

Last edited: