Review this for me, please?

monkeylord

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014
My current memory went bad on me, and i've been browsing the internet trying to find replacements, i came across this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277
It's one of the cheapest, but im very hesitant to buy because i havent heard of the brand before and the price seems low for it to be good, $47. 99 USD. Main question is, how good or bad is it for me? Im a casual gamer, i play league of legends, source engine games, etc. nothing too demanding of anything over 4gb. My mobo is fairly old so i wonder if it will work on it too http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813141009
cpu" intel core 2 duo E8500 @3.16GHZ

Solution
Hi monkeylord , gskill ram is fine and has lifetime warranty and are a reputable memory manufacurer , your board only accepts 1333mhz ram natively
if you use ddr3 1600mhz the gskill you linked it will be too fast and your mobo will dumb it down to 1333mhz unless you enable xmp settings in your bios if your mobo supports xmp
you would be better off getting 1333mhz ram to avoid any issues

Why wouldn't it? It's a great brand and the motherboard supports up to 1600MHz RAM (which this is).

Hi monkeylord , gskill ram is fine and has lifetime warranty and are a reputable memory manufacurer , your board only accepts 1333mhz ram natively
if you use ddr3 1600mhz the gskill you linked it will be too fast and your mobo will dumb it down to 1333mhz unless you enable xmp settings in your bios if your mobo supports xmp
you would be better off getting 1333mhz ram to avoid any issues

Solution

Rami Zerker Reini

Reputable
Mar 20, 2014

Oh sorry, I didn't realise that it will work, but the MoBo would lower it down to 1333Mhz.

monkeylord

Reputable
Apr 1, 2014

thanks for the help, by any chance do you or anyone else have any recommendations? On a budget so the cheaper the better ofc

You don't need to replace it, just keep it. The fact that your mobo scaled it down to 1333mhz doesn't hurt anything, and if you eventually replace the mobo then you'll already have better RAM to go with it. There's virtually no price difference from most 1333mhz to 1600mhz anyway.

Anyway, Gskill is a great gaming brand. They directly compete with Corsair as far as RAM is concerned.