[SOLVED] Revision 2.0 BIOS on a Revision 1.xx Board?

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2012
I'm working with an old Asus M5A99X EVO Rev 1.xx motherboard. It has the latest BIOS as found here. (1708)
But I found a later BIOS here. (2501)
As you can see, the later one is from an identical board; except it is rev2.0. Would it kill my board if I flashed it with that rev 2.0 BIOS? Or would that update the rev 1.xx board to rev 2.0?

Last edited:
Solution
I would not try that, unless its gurateed to work. There must have been some upgrades made in terms of features or specifications, for example a bigger BIOS cache or newer Memory controller which might not be present in your initial version. The BIOS is always written specific to board, and when trying to implement the microcode on a board with missing elements, it might brick the board.
Even ASUS would not recommend it probably, but you can have a word with them. Also, you should not mess with the BIOS unless there is an problem with the board.
I would not try that, unless its gurateed to work. There must have been some upgrades made in terms of features or specifications, for example a bigger BIOS cache or newer Memory controller which might not be present in your initial version. The BIOS is always written specific to board, and when trying to implement the microcode on a board with missing elements, it might brick the board.
Even ASUS would not recommend it probably, but you can have a word with them. Also, you should not mess with the BIOS unless there is an problem with the board.

Solution