Question Revision for a 3600X build, advise?

Sep 5, 2020
First time builder here,
Just wanted to get everyones opinion and advise for my build.

and it goes like this:

Cpu: Ryzen 3600X(I know is the same as the 3600 difference was $10 and it was available)

Gpu: MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X

RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3733MHz

Memory: PNY CS900 240GB 2.5” SATA III(exclusively for OS and programs) and a XPG S40G 512GB NVMe 1.3 M.2 2280 SSD(for everything else)

MoBo: Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi) (For potential upgrade)

PSU: EVGA 850 BQ 80+(Also for potential upgrade)

Case: Thermaltake V200

Lutfij

Titan
It's the same as this thread but I'll let it run it's course. That being said, you're advised to follow the stylizing of this thread if you think we can fine tune your existing proposed build otherwise you're just beating about the bush with the same thread and question without making much progress.

The build is fine, I don't know much about what your budget is ad if you've got the ability for more fine tuning(or perhaps better parts for a budget).

dimtodim

Reputable
First time builder here,

and it goes like this:

Cpu: Ryzen 3600X(I know is the same as the 3600 difference was $10 and it was available)

Memory: PNY CS900 240GB 2.5” SATA III(exclusively for OS and programs) and a XPG S40G 512GB NVMe 1.3 M.2 2280 SSD(for everything else)

I think pc case can be better

First time builder here,

and it goes like this:

I don't think it is a good idea to install the OS on your slowest SSD

Reactions: punkncat
Sep 5, 2020
It's the same as this thread but I'll let it run it's course. That being said, you're advised to follow the stylizing of this thread if you think we can fine tune your existing proposed build otherwise you're just beating about the bush with the same thread and question without making much progress.

The build is fine, I don't know much about what your budget is ad if you've got the ability for more fine tuning(or perhaps better parts for a budget).

Sorry, I really didn't mean to overstep. Thank you for allowing it. The other thread showed solved and it is.
That build was scrapped, very little left of the original. I open to advise and opinions considering how much this helped me last time.

My budget is already a bit stretched but if there is anything I could swap for the better id be open to it.

Is the memory set up okay?

I appreciate the help.

Sep 5, 2020
I don't think it is a good idea to install the OS on your slowest SSD

Will it really make much difference?

This the aspect of the build I am most undivided about. Does it affect anything else other than boot speed?

Would it be better if I just use the M.2 for both OS and regular use?

and from what I read the difference from a sata 3 to a M.2 is minimal. Though the pny cs9000is a pretty low level ssd(I already own it)

Thanks

For the cpu cooler?
The case comes with 3 120m fans in front and one in back

would I be okay adding 2 140m fans on the top of the case?
Sorry,yes, I meant cpu cooler. As for case fans, you have to be careful as they can disrupt the airflow, especially when you have intake at the front and with 2 top fans blowing air out,it can actually block the fresh air getting to your cpu cooler and motherboard which will heat your system up even more. Someone with more experience can advise you further.

Reactions: GS1993

dimtodim

Reputable
Sorry,yes, I meant cpu cooler. As for case fans, you have to be careful as they can disrupt the airflow, especially when you have intake at the front and with 2 top fans blowing air out,it can actually block the fresh air getting to your cpu cooler and motherboard which will heat your system up even more. Someone with more experience can advise you further.
Did u see case front side is close with plastic and have 3 fans with rgb people love that i know.. That case is cut od fresh air from outside make for fulls

Sep 5, 2020
I decided to go with the Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 it has much better airflow. However it does not include fans.
So what might be some after market fans that are of decent quality but wont brake the bank?