Question Rewiring a Sannce CCTV Security Camera to a LAN Connection

Jun 2, 2019
The connection which attaches the camera to the LAN cable has corroded on one of my Sannce CCTV security cameras (SANNCE 4CH 1920x1080P SPOE Security System Home CCTV NVR Recorder). The LAN wire has the normal 8 wires (blue/blue & white, orange/orange & white, brown/brown & white and green/green & white) but the wire from the camera has 8 wires that are red, black, grey, blue, orange, orange and white, green and green and white. Can anyone advise how to correctly connect them up? Many thanks.

This may be one of those occasions where photos of both connectors--with the wires attached to them--may be in order.

Obviously, just going by the color coding isn't going to work. We need to know (as I suspect you do as well) which color corresponds to which connector pin position to be able to tell which wire on the LAN cable needs to connect to which wire on the camera pig tail.

Obviously, you'll need to crimp a new 8P8C connector on the end of the cable.

The standard wire sequence for that will be:
1 - Orange / White
2 - Orange
3 - Green / White
4 - Blue
5 - Blue / White
6 - Green
7 - Brown / White
8 - Brown

On the camera side it's a bit ambiguous:
1 - Orange / White
2 - Orange
3 - Green / White
? - Green (Board number legend can't be seen) 6 could be likely
? - Red (Board number legend can't be seen) That might be on 4
? - Black (Board number legend can't be seen) That might be on 5
Blue & Grey could be un-terminated

In this case, this thread may be of assistance: https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/hi-i-...-need-to-replace-the-poe-connector-for.36860/

Reactions: briangeorgemoore
Jun 2, 2019
Thanks for your help. I've managed to lever out the connector board on the camera side and photographed it to better show the numbering/lettering. On one side it is lettered:
A - Black
B - Red
C - Green
D - Green White
E - Orange
F - Orange White

However, on the other side (see photo), it is mostly as you suggested:

1 - Orange White
2 - Orange
3 - Green White
6 - Green
4 + 5 - Red
7 + 8 - Black

Probably a stupid question... but can I just attach the wires to each other to see if it works, or will that risk damaging something? If worth trying, should I attach 4 & 5 from the wire side (blue & blue white) to red on the camera side, plus brown and brown white on the wire side to black on the camera side.

Much appreciate the help being offered. Most kind.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UdacAJMTfFEa4RPNLi_iJZhieDPq7Skg

It appears that the Brown / White and the Brown wires are not used in this interconnect. I would avoid connecting them in this specific connection scenario....at least for now, anyway.

You can make a temporary direct connection between the wires to establish whether or not you have the wire assignments correct; but, for a return to a permanent installation, I would substitute-in an inline keystone jack on the camera side, and re-crimp a new 8P8C connector on the cable run side......and I would definitely make every attempt to weather-proof that connection point.

Perhaps drilling the fascia and passing the cable through drilled hole, to bring the connection point under the eaves, will help to lessen the weathering on the new connectors.

Reactions: briangeorgemoore
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Allan, Thank you so much for your help. It has solved it entirely. The temporary fix is working while I await the spare part from Sannce. Couldn't have resolved this without your invaluable input. Thank you so much. Best regards. Brian