[SOLVED] Rezen 9 3950x low performance

Jun 10, 2020
I got ryzen 9 3950x for like 3 month and it was working fine but yesterday something gone wrong it performance is so low and in userbenchmarks it say way blow expectation and in game i use auto detect and it gone form ultra to high and when i use ryzenmaster and i see just two or cores are working the rest are in sleep mode in idle did my cpu damaged?

Solution
I do not know what program are you using to test the temps. but from what you wrote, those are very, very low temps for a 120mm air cooler runing a Ryzen 9 3950X at full load.

The next thing I would do is test Vray again (I would rather use cinbench but it should work with vray too) but this time try to see how do the frecuency goes on all the cores.

Im pretty sure with an all core work the Ryzen 9 3950X should boost at around 4.0 ~ 4.4GHz all core frecuency depending on the load and depending if avx is involved and/or the power and temp headroom.
Ok, but temps at idle alone means nothing (unless you are reading..... 75°C at idle lol)

try to run some test, like cinebech R15 or R20 and check the temps while the CPU is loaded with work.

For temp reading, use Ryzen Master or hwinfo64 (sensors only), avoid other program since they are not that accurate. And don't run more than 1 monitoring software at the same time.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Jun 10, 2020
Ok, but temps at idle alone means nothing (unless you are reading..... 75°C at idle lol)

try to run some test, like cinebech R15 or R20 and check the temps while the CPU is loaded with work.

For temp reading, use Ryzen Master or hwinfo64 (sensors only), avoid other program since they are not that accurate. And don't run more than 1 monitoring software at theit around

For temp reading, use Ryzen Master or hwinfo64 (sensors only), avoid other program since they are not that accurate. And don't run more than 1 monitoring software at the same time.
i tried v-ray and around 50-55 and 42-44 in games and this is low temp than normal and I don’t use oc or anything

I do not know what program are you using to test the temps. but from what you wrote, those are very, very low temps for a 120mm air cooler runing a Ryzen 9 3950X at full load.

The next thing I would do is test Vray again (I would rather use cinbench but it should work with vray too) but this time try to see how do the frecuency goes on all the cores.

Im pretty sure with an all core work the Ryzen 9 3950X should boost at around 4.0 ~ 4.4GHz all core frecuency depending on the load and depending if avx is involved and/or the power and temp headroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution