Question RGB 5050 (4 pin connectors oooo) VS RGB-D (3 pin connectors oxoo)

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
so I have a DIYPC case that has some nifty RGB lights on the front and a single fan in the back.. they light in a linear fashion and look very nice they have their own controller that is either on or off (switch on top of case) and it has a 3 wire RGB connector that has 4 sockets w/ one plugged.. I have a gigabyte mb that has its own RGB lights and it has two RGB headers on it one 4 pin and one 5 pin... now I know that these are meant for RGB 5050 style connectors and you shouldn't attach this case lead to these headers but my question is... is there a way to have the lighting in my case be controlled by my motherboard so that they all sync up with each other

Peterthecat1

Honorable
May 31, 2014
Ive seen that one... it wont work.. the connector that comes from the case looks exactly like an RGB 5050 connector like what comes on cooler-master RGB fans with four sockets(oooo)(newegg Item#: 9SIA5B57KH8742) but the one from the case has one of these blocked (ooxo)... from what I could find out the RGB 5050 with the 4 open holes is for a RGB 12v set up and the one from the case with the 3 holes w/ one blocked is RGB-D and for 5v... I have noticed that these lights & fan have the ability to have multiple colors displayed at once like the fan can have a spiraling color or color change and the strips can have red chasing blue down the front of the case which is unlike what I have used before where all the leds on a strip or fan display the same color and fade in and out different colors at the same time... from what I found some asus mb have this header but my GB does not but does have RGB lighting accents on the MB ans headers for the RGB 5050 connection I am asking if there is a go between that allows the connection of an addressable case leds to be sync'd with my MB