[SOLVED] RGB-ARGB advice needed (motherboard)

Feb 16, 2021
Hey, I started buying the components for my build, one of which is a MSI B450 Tomahawk Max. Now I can buy a Lian Li lancool II mesh, with ARGB fans. However, as I discovered, my motherboard has RGB headers. So the question is: should I send back (some delivery fee) my mobo and get one with ARGB headers(which one if yes), or should I just buy a Deepcool convertor? Also, if I go with the latter, can I assemble my pc without using the rgb function of the fans, and only buy the convertor later?
Thanks a lot

Solution
Not a direct answer (full disclosure).

If you just "discovered" that the motherboard has RGB headers that does not mean that you have to use them.

All in all, the RGB and/or ARGB features really do not add functionality to the computer and actually tend to be problematic when it comes to headers, pins, adapters, cables, software, etc..

Never let form get in the way of function.

Save the money and forego RGB/ARGB.

Again: Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ralston18

Titan
Not a direct answer (full disclosure).

If you just "discovered" that the motherboard has RGB headers that does not mean that you have to use them.

All in all, the RGB and/or ARGB features really do not add functionality to the computer and actually tend to be problematic when it comes to headers, pins, adapters, cables, software, etc..

Never let form get in the way of function.

Save the money and forego RGB/ARGB.

Again: Just my thoughts on the matter.

Solution