[SOLVED] RGB cable

Oct 7, 2020
Hi, I have the same case, but mu motherboard is the asus Z490-A gaming. Where would I plug that? I tried plugging it into the rgb header, but its so loose, so im not sure if its the right one. Please help me

Solution
Hi, I have the same case, but mu motherboard is the asus Z490-A gaming. Where would I plug that? I tried plugging it into the rgb header, but its so loose, so im not sure if its the right one. Please help me
Hi, if by "RGB cable" you actually mean "VGA cable", I examined that motherboard on ASUS website and I couldn't find any VGA ports on it, it only supports HDMI output. Unless you have a graphics card installed that has a VGA port. In any case you can probably use a HDMI to VGA converter. You have to remember that VGA is becoming a standard of the past for reasons of clarity, data, performance, noise and so on. So if your monitor only accepts VGA, you have to use a converter for newer devices like laptops and...

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Hi, if by "RGB cable" you actually mean "VGA cable", I examined that motherboard on ASUS website and I couldn't find any VGA ports on it, it only supports HDMI output. Unless you have a graphics card installed that has a VGA port. In any case you can probably use a HDMI to VGA converter. You have to remember that VGA is becoming a standard of the past for reasons of clarity, data, performance, noise and so on. So if your monitor only accepts VGA, you have to use a converter for newer devices like laptops and motherboards.

You also have to notice that not all 15 pin ports on a motherboard are intended for VGA, while I could not find ANY 15 pin ports on your motherboard on its website, If your mother board actually has a 15 pin VGA port for graphics, and it is not giving you any pictures then you would have to reset your BIOS if you have no picture at all, try taking the BIOS battery out (it is very possibly the only battery on it with KTS written on it) using a screw drive, and wait for ten or so minutes, or find the BIOS short pins and short them for about 10 to 15 seconds, and then check and see if your 15 pin port give you any picture.

Solution