[SOLVED] RGB case fans control hub can't connect to PSU?

Aug 23, 2019
Hey, I'm currently working on my first ever home built PC, so this may be a stupid question. I'm using the Aigo DR12 RGB 3-in-1 fans to cool my PC, and I'm confused. The kit includes a control hub with a 4-pin fan header labelled POWER. I'm assuming I'm supposed to use this to connect the hub to my PSU, but the kit didn't include a cable that could connect between the hub and the PSU? For reference, here is the amazon listing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00THQ5IY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 If you can help, I'll love you forever.

Solution
If there isn't a molex or Sata power plug in the box at all, call/email whomever you bought the fans from and initiate a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) because you got a defective product. You can't buy that power cable, you shouldn't have to. It was not included and it should have been.

TenekTek

Prominent
Jun 15, 2019
Hey, I'm currently working on my first ever home built PC, so this may be a stupid question. I'm using the Aigo DR12 RGB 3-in-1 fans to cool my PC, and I'm confused. The kit includes a control hub with a 4-pin fan header labelled POWER. I'm assuming I'm supposed to use this to connect the hub to my PSU, but the kit didn't include a cable that could connect between the hub and the PSU? For reference, here is the amazon listing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00THQ5IY6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 If you can help, I'll love you forever.
It depends on the plug you have. It could be a molex, in which case you'd need a molex plug on your PSU, or it could be a PWM plug, which you plug into a normal PWM fan socket on the motherboard. I'd think it's the latter since it's a control hub.

TenekTek

Prominent
Jun 15, 2019
Yeah, it looks like it's a PWM plug. Do the fans really not have to be connected to the PSU to be able to spin? And if so I guess I should go order a PWM cable?
I'm pretty sure that the PWM plug can source enough power. Check out what Molex and PWM cables look like and determine if they look the same. It could also be a floppy power connector, however.
If it is PWM, go for it.

Aug 23, 2019
I'm pretty sure that the PWM plug can source enough power. Check out what Molex and PWM cables look like and determine if they look the same. It could also be a floppy power connector, however.
If it is PWM, go for it.

Okay, so. I tried connecting a PWM cable with the POWER 4 pin socket and it didn't fit. Then, I tried connecting a floppy power connector and that didn't fit either? The socket is also way too small to be a molex. I'm very confused.

Aug 23, 2019
That fan/rgb controller box should have a 4pin molex power cable attachment. Only the fans/strips plug in directly to the sides. There'll be one side slot that is primary and must be used for reading fan speeds, the others are secondary.

Oh, I didn't recieve the attachment. How can I get my hands on it?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
If there isn't a molex or Sata power plug in the box at all, call/email whomever you bought the fans from and initiate a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) because you got a defective product. You can't buy that power cable, you shouldn't have to. It was not included and it should have been.

Solution