[SOLVED] RGB Confusionnnn

May 21, 2020
I have a B450 Aorus Elite and it has a 3 pin (.._.) RGB header, marked VD_G. I have a 4 pin RGB strip (both are 5v) but when I plug the strip into the header it lights up but only I can't change the colour and it is not detected in RGB Fusion. Do I need a 4 pin male to 3 pin female????

Solution
I have a B450 Aorus Elite and it has a 3 pin (.._.) RGB header, marked VD_G. I have a 4 pin RGB strip (both are 5v) but when I plug the strip into the header it lights up but only I can't change the colour and it is not detected in RGB Fusion. Do I need a 4 pin male to 3 pin female????
Those 3pin 5v strips are ARGB and it's not directly convertible to RGB 12v, 4pin headers. Need to have them connected to one or both of 2 x digital LED strip headers.
Those 3pin 5v strips are ARGB and it's not directly convertible to RGB 12v, 4pin headers. Need to have them connected to one or both of 2 x digital LED strip headers.

Solution
Be very careful as you could blow up your motherboard. There is a big difference between ARGB which is 5v and RGB which is 12v....ARGB is usually 3 pins and 5v and RGB is 4 pins and 12v. Sadly Gigabyte confuses things a bit further with there VDG format.

which exact RGB strip do you have?

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS