[SOLVED] RGB Connector

Dec 18, 2020
bAVdNw.jpg
cxg7pz.jpg

Hi There

I have recently built a gaming pc. The case contains 2 fans and the case itself all have RGB. I Want to connect these to my motherboard but the connectors go into a splitter to connect all the fans and case together but the connector to the motherboard is a 3 pin and the connector into the motherboard is also a 3 pin. Is there any adaptor i can purchase so these 2 connectors can link, I have looked online but need to be pointed in the right direction.

Any help much appreciated

Dec 18, 2020
Apologies for the photo. Both connectors are the same as the image on the left. I just need something to pair them

Motherboard: B550 phantom gaming 4/ac
Case: CiT Master Gaming, Mid Tower Case, with Tempered Glass Window, Black, 2x 120mm ARGB LED Fans, ATX/M-ATX/Mini-ITX

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your left-hand photo showing a male 3-pin ARGB connector is a puzzle. Any cable intended to plug into a mobo ARGB header should have been female to start with. But MAYBE check this idea. Many extension cables and Splitters are made with female connectors on BOTH ends, and then supplied with a gender-changer adapter that converts a female to a male. It looks like a small block with three pins sticking out of both sides, and it simply plugs into one female connector to change it. MAYBE the cable your photo shows has one of these adapters already plugged into a real female connector on the cable end. Check if you can pull it out easily.