[SOLVED] RGB Controller on Cooler Master Masterbox K500

deaf to light

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Hi, I have a question about the RGB controller switch that comes with the Cooler Master Masterbox K500. So it comes with a switch that has a button. The instructions included are terrible, but luckily I came across this link, which shed a LITTLE light on things. So it says you can use the reset switch to control that. I don't want to lose the reset switch, so I guess i would prefer to use the button on the controler. My question is two-fold:

1. where would this RGB controller be routed? Wouldn't you want it outside the case? I don't see a practical and non ugly way of doing this.

2. There are 3 headers on my mobo: ADDR_RGB, and then two regular RGB ones. I bought a motherboard that supports RGB. Does that mean I'm not even supposed to use this switch? Am I just supposed to plug into ADDR_RGB or RGB instead? That would make things a lot cleaner.

Last edited:
Solution
1| With today's system's you practically never need to use the reset button on a chassis. I'd either re-purpose the reset switch or locate the controller in the case easily accessible after you pop the side panel open, maybe at the top of the chassis(internally).

2| So long as you connect the fans off a splitter off the RGB header(and not the ARGB header), you're good to go. CoolerMaster should include a splitter or you can pick one up that they also make. It's a 1 to 3 splitter. The fans are not addressable hence why only RGB headers.

Just to be sure that you're not looking at things incorrectly, what is the make and model of your motherboard?

Lutfij

Titan
1| With today's system's you practically never need to use the reset button on a chassis. I'd either re-purpose the reset switch or locate the controller in the case easily accessible after you pop the side panel open, maybe at the top of the chassis(internally).

2| So long as you connect the fans off a splitter off the RGB header(and not the ARGB header), you're good to go. CoolerMaster should include a splitter or you can pick one up that they also make. It's a 1 to 3 splitter. The fans are not addressable hence why only RGB headers.

Just to be sure that you're not looking at things incorrectly, what is the make and model of your motherboard?

Solution
Jun 24, 2020

Can you please teach me how to use the reset button on my PC as RGB Fan controller

TRENDING THREADS