Question RGB fan for Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi

David_112

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
I recently bought a Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi, and i just found out the fan it comes with is not RGB, but it has only a static white LED.

I had a whole color scheme going for my build and this throws that out the window. Silly to care about lights, but what you can do, bling matters.

Anyway, what i need is an RBG fan that would actually perform better (in terms of cooling and also noise) than the fan the Lumi comes with, so i can justify the added expense to an already expensive cooler (compared to what i could have gotten, including the Non-RGB version of the H7).

Somebody suggested me the Corsair LL120 RGB but it costs almost like the Non-RGB version of the cooler itself and i can't find any info on whether it performs better or not. Also, it says the controller it comes with is to be used only for Corsair fans. I don't know if that's true or not, sucks if it is.

Last edited:

David_112

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2015
Well, i've done some research seems like a better fan won't do much since the heat sink has a limit where extra air flow won't make any difference. Same for a second fan, max 2 degrees improvement.

Maybe i'll just a Silent Wings to get rid of the white LED and be done with it.