[SOLVED] RGB Fan Hub Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisc1690c

Prominent
Aug 26, 2018
Hey everyone I bought a cit raider pc case from amazon and am using the included rgb fan hub the fans work fine but there always at full speed at its really loud the remote has a fan speed button but pressing it only changes the brightness and it says on the listing that there’s a way to change it but I can’t figure out how to do it
CiT Raider PC Gaming Case, Mid-Tower ATX, Halo Dual - Ring Spectrum Fans, RGB, PCB Hub w/ Aura Connectivity, RF Controller, MB Sync, Tempered Glass, For a Great Gaming Experience | Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G4GRTQ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WnsnCbYA1FW37
I know I probilly should go out and buy new fans but I currently don’t possess the funds to do that and would like to stick to using the stock ones

Solution
Then what you have is RGB hub where you can control the RGB but fans will run 100% all the time.

Though, if fans would have 2x wires, one for LEDs, another for power (3-pin), you could connect fan power cables to MoBo to control their RPM. But if fans have proprietary connection with LEDs and power in 1x single connection, then you're out of luck.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Either there's false advertisement about controlling fan speeds via RGB hub or that feature is broken on your setup.

I wonder, how exactly is the wiring in the RGB hub? Fans connect to it? power is taken from SATA/molex? and there's small wire that plugs to the any fan header on your MoBo?

chrisc1690c

Prominent
Aug 26, 2018

its powered by a sata cable and I figured out that the speed button changes the speed of the rgb colours not the fans themselves

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Then what you have is RGB hub where you can control the RGB but fans will run 100% all the time.

Though, if fans would have 2x wires, one for LEDs, another for power (3-pin), you could connect fan power cables to MoBo to control their RPM. But if fans have proprietary connection with LEDs and power in 1x single connection, then you're out of luck.

Solution
Aug 19, 2019
If you are trying to change the speed for the fans you need to change your reset switch to the top of the RAINBOW-5p bow and use the reset switch as the speed for the fans read user the fan speed bow where the blue arrow is.
61P8aW%2BiZnL._SL1200_.jpg

Sep 23, 2019
Hi... I just saw the thread. My sons computer (same model as described) the fan are stopped but there is full light. I saw the picture above, but can anyone tell med where i can find the reset switch? Does it comes as a cable, or is it something extra i should by? We got the computer as a second hand buy. So i dont have any clue..
Hopefully there are a helpfull person that can help me out.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Hi... I just saw the thread. My sons computer (same model as described) the fan are stopped but there is full light. I saw the picture above, but can anyone tell med where i can find the reset switch? Does it comes as a cable, or is it something extra i should by? We got the computer as a second hand buy. So i dont have any clue..
Hopefully there are a helpfull person that can help me out.
Reset switch has 2x wires and it comes with your PC case. Not all PC cases have reset switch though. In this case, any 2-pin switch will do.

Also, any further discussion about it in this topic, other than from OP, isn't welcome. If you want your issue solved, create your own topic, rather than hijacking this topic. :non:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts