RGB Fans and Fan Control

cbowlan

Prominent
May 6, 2017
I wanted a black and red themed computer so I decided to buy the ASUS Maximus IX Hero (RGB), and a Corsair case with one red LED intake fan... Wasn't enough red. At the time, I was eager to just get some red fans, so I purchased some decently rated Thermaltake Riing fans from Best Buy which come with a physical fan control.

A link to the set of fans here.

Not knowing how far computers have come, I did not realize that I could control and configure a ton of fans just from my motherboard... So I thought, "Wow! A fan control and red!" Not wow.

These fans are powerful, but they all come on or off at once because AI Suite controls them all from the H_AMP port the control is plugged into. I'm considering plugging them into their own power supports on my motherboard and tossing the control, but I do not know if I will be able to configure the colors. Plus, if I do this, I will have to really... I mean really take some stuff apart.

What do you think?

cbowlan

Prominent
May 6, 2017

AI Suite Controls them... Badly...

Example: Open Overwatch, WoW, and CS:GO... Fans all kick on at high speed and then stop... All of them. Not just one.
Point is... They never stay at a marked speed to control temperature... Which destroys the point.

The reason for this is that the hardware controller that comes with the Riing Fans is plugged into H_AMP. The TT software does not recognize them, and I think you may need to have the premium fans to use the software. I am unsure. The HARDWARE CONTROLLER from TT does work to change to about 4 different RGB settings, but does not control fan speed.

What I want:

To connect each individual Riing fan to motherboard pins and allow AI Suite to monitor and control them while using TT software for the RGB.

What I'm concerned will happen:

I will remove a ton of hardware from my PC, plug the fans in, and I will have no control over the LED color.

The TT fans are located in the TOP (2) and REAR (1) but they go to the controller, so AI Suite shows the screenshot.

Link to image