Mar 16, 2019
Hello, I seem to be having a complication of being confused how my pc setup is going to go. But first the motherboard is an Msi x470 gaming plus, case Cooler master h500p. I plan to have a total of 8 Rgb fans: 2x200mm(front), 4x140mm(top and 1back) and 2x120mm(cpu cooler) and 3 led strips. May be too excessive. The motherboard has 4xfan connecters, 2rgb connectors and cpu fan connector. The reason I am confused is if I am able to plug any fan to a normal fan connecor and for me to be able to control the speed, colour on the msi software or do I have to get fan splitters or hub to be able to plug all these into the 2 rgb connectors. Also confused on how the hub would work and how I would control the colour and speed of the fans.

I would be so greatful if someone could help me out before getting all the parts and not having a clue of what to do.

Solution
Something like this should easily suit your needs:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rgb+controller&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Compatible with MSI mystic light software. It's addressable so each fan is individually adjusted. A splitter would be synchronous so you could only control them as one.

You can't plug rgb into pwm headers they won't work. Info says you should be able to have up to 9 rgb fans on a single rgb header as they output 3amps and each fan is 4LED per fan x 4fans x 0.24W= 3.84Watt. It supports 36watts.

Relatively expensive to maintain because 8 of them to replace someday?

I'd go with 4 and think that's pretty good plus there's nothing to stop you from rooting around for 4 bargain basement or repacked pwm fans if you want...

DavidM012

Distinguished
Something like this should easily suit your needs:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rgb+controller&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

Compatible with MSI mystic light software. It's addressable so each fan is individually adjusted. A splitter would be synchronous so you could only control them as one.

You can't plug rgb into pwm headers they won't work. Info says you should be able to have up to 9 rgb fans on a single rgb header as they output 3amps and each fan is 4LED per fan x 4fans x 0.24W= 3.84Watt. It supports 36watts.

Relatively expensive to maintain because 8 of them to replace someday?

I'd go with 4 and think that's pretty good plus there's nothing to stop you from rooting around for 4 bargain basement or repacked pwm fans if you want excessive air flow. The arctic f12's are pretty quiet and cheap as chips. I got some be quiets! repacked as well for about the same price. Stake out the returns page.

Last edited:
Solution
Mar 16, 2019
Thank you for your help, ill probably go with the Rgb controller ruite just because I am excessive about Rgb and not really bothered about replacing them in the future as Ill end up changing case and upgrading anyway.