Rgb fans not lit up after first boot.

maxfactorl2

Prominent
Nov 29, 2017
So today I got my final parts to build my first pc. After hooking everything up and first boot I had a message telling me cpu fan isn't and also noticed that out of the 6 ll120 rgb fans only 2 are on.. number 1 and 2 on the controller work but swapping out fans nothing lights those up. So my current setup is

I7 8700k
Asus maximus hero x
2x 16gb g skill tridendz 3600 mhz
Evga 850w plat psu.
H100i v2 cpu cooler
Gtx 1080 ti ftw 3 hybrid
Corsair crystal 570x case.

So I swap the cable for the cpu fan. And switched out a new controller to test if it was faulty, still the same problem only 2 out of the 6 light up. On boot it went to window saying windows isn't installed and to set a different boot which I'm guessing is a good sign.

Also I've noticed when turning the pc of the motherboard rgb lighting doesn't turn off...i red that that is a bios setting but not sure.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Solution
Look around in your bios, because a lot of the issues seem to just be settings, so maybe clear your Cmos(bios) and then boot up your pc and if your still having those problems look around for the settings in bios for system fans(I am unfamiliar with this motherboard's bios)and maybe play around with the settings a little. If you still can't figure out the issues then it might be your fan controller not being compatible with software that you may have installed. If your screen so no boot drive found then there is an issue with your HDD or SSD. Don't quote me on this but I think that most Asus motherboards come with software for RGB lighting and this software may be causing issues with your fan controller.

mathewwatterson

Prominent
Nov 23, 2017
Look around in your bios, because a lot of the issues seem to just be settings, so maybe clear your Cmos(bios) and then boot up your pc and if your still having those problems look around for the settings in bios for system fans(I am unfamiliar with this motherboard's bios)and maybe play around with the settings a little. If you still can't figure out the issues then it might be your fan controller not being compatible with software that you may have installed. If your screen so no boot drive found then there is an issue with your HDD or SSD. Don't quote me on this but I think that most Asus motherboards come with software for RGB lighting and this software may be causing issues with your fan controller.

Solution