RGB fans not spinning new build

Palma1

Honorable
Mar 25, 2017
Hi all,
I have built a cheap PC for my daughter as she is always on my rig playing sims 4
(my first build from scratch)
bought most parts parts on ebay

gigabyte Z77-d3h mobo
i5 3790
2 x hyper x savage 4gb 1600 ram
evga white 500w psu(taken from my old system)
gigabyte 960 windforce 4gb
New coolmaster TX3 evo cooler
New kingston 120gb ssd
New CIT G FORCE case with rgb fans

The system seems to be working fine have installed windows 10 ok
the bios can see all the parts i have installed,
I have two problems, the first i am having is that the 3 case fans are not spinning the but rgb lights are working ok.
The fans are 6 pin connectors that plug into a hub that is connected to the psu via molex
as far as i can make out this does not need to be connected to my mobo?
i cant figure why these fans are not spinning,look a simple configeration to me fans plug into
the hub and are powered by the molex.
am i right that these fans work independently from the fans that would normaly connect to the mobo?(so cant be seen in the bios)
I have tried plugging in a spare fan into the mobo and this works fine.

Second and most worring problem is that i get a constant beep from the mobo speaker on boot up and does not go away i have disconnected the speaker from the mobo but the system seems to be working ok? any ideas? the ram ,gpu ,cpu ssd, psu seem to be ok.

any help would be appreciated

Palma1

Honorable
Mar 25, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Palma1 : "beep on start up and rgb fans not spinning"

Hi all,
I have built a cheap PC for my daughter as she is always on my rig playing sims 4
(my first build from scratch)
bought most parts parts on ebay

gigabyte Z77-d3h mobo
i5 3790
2 x hyper x savage 4gb 1600 ram
evga white 500w psu(taken from my old system)
gigabyte 960 windforce 4gb
New coolmaster TX3 evo cooler
New kingston 120gb ssd
New CIT G FORCE case with rgb fans

The system seems to be working fine have installed windows 10 ok
the bios can see all the parts i have installed,
I have two problems, the first i am having is that the 3 case fans are not spinning the but rgb lights are working ok.
The fans are 6 pin connectors that plug into a hub that is connected to the psu via molex
as far as i can make out this does not need to be connected to my mobo?
i cant figure why these fans are not spinning,look a simple configeration to me fans plug into
the hub and are powered by the molex.
am i right that these fans work independently from the fans that would normaly connect to the mobo?(so cant be seen in the bios)
I have tried plugging in a spare fan into the mobo and this works fine.

Second and most worring problem is that i get a constant beep from the mobo speaker on boot up and does not go away i have disconnected the speaker from the mobo but the system seems to be working ok? any ideas? the ram ,gpu ,cpu ssd, psu seem to be ok.

any help would be appreciated