RGB Fans on System Fan Header

cooldudekalia100

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Sup guys, Im finally deciding to build a pc and I'am using the new 8th gen i3 coffee lake processor meaning that I would have to get a new motherboard.

For the motherboard I chose the MSI Z370 PC PRO, which has 6 onboard fan headers.

For my fans, I have decided to use the deepcool rf120 RGB [6 of them (they come in packs of 3) so two packs].

So my main question is, that can I connect the fans to the system fan headers and actually be able to control the RGB so that every other RGB item is in sync?

Solution
Nope. Both components must be comaptible with MysticLight system: motherboard and fans. Since fans are not compatible, you can't sync them with mobo, even if you had right one. At least officially - how reality looks, you would need to ask somebody who actually used those fans on MSI motherboard.

cooldudekalia100

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017

Ok, but if it was any supported motherboard would i be able to connect the fans to the system fan headers and actually be able to control the RGB so that every other RGB item is in sync?

Nope. Both components must be comaptible with MysticLight system: motherboard and fans. Since fans are not compatible, you can't sync them with mobo, even if you had right one. At least officially - how reality looks, you would need to ask somebody who actually used those fans on MSI motherboard.

Solution