[SOLVED] rgb fans stopped working

May 28, 2020
So not long ago maybe a week or so I was using my PC when suddenly the RGB fans just shut off. The fans themselves still work properly only that the lights don't light up anymore. I checked all my wire connections and they were all fine, all my drivers are up to date, and everything else in my system is working properly.
Specs:
cooler master mb530p
the fans are the stock ones that came with the case
Asus tuf gaming x570-plus (wi-fi)
I'm more than happy to add more info if I can to solve this issue.
U5ONjZ.jpg

8aZFEr.jpg

Solution
I don't see anything connected to the motheboard RGB headers so you must be using the controller built into the case. Are you sure you didn't turn them off? Try pressing the reset button on the top of the case.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Don't feel bad, RGB/ARGB/RGBW, Strips, fans, 12v+ vs 12v- or 5v power, 4pin, 5050, and more c*** gets seriously confusing as to date there's no absolute universal way of doing things, unlike a regular fan that's either 3pin DC or 4pin PWM. You either understand it or you don't and 99% of the people posting, don't have even a clue as to the scope of the mess. Most of the people answering, don't either. It's a bigger mess of proprietary bs and universal half-decisions than downtown LA during rush-hour after a 9.2 earthquake.

So missing the fact of the headers is totally understandable as it's not something you'd have been really prepared to look for.

Reactions: renzoken84