Discussion RGB Fusion 2.0 Software Corrupting Ram

Aug 2, 2023
Good Day All,

I have come across a very interesting problem or I think I have...firstly I thought my Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080Ti card was messing up my Ram or drawing too much power from my PSU...but but but.

I have come across some forums, posts etc. where the RGB Fusion 2.0 software from Gigabyte takes out Drives and Ram??

Pleass let me know your thoughts...because I personally think I have become a victim of this, losing 2 dual channel kits of Ram because of this Software..

Kindest Regards

Post your sources.

While RGB Fusion is a terrible piece of software, I haven't had any issues in the last 2 years.

I changed over to Open RGB to manage most my RGB devices, not because RGB Fusion hurt anything, but it's just terrible.

Reactions: Joe Soap
Aug 2, 2023
Post your sources.

While RGB Fusion is a terrible piece of software, I haven't had any issues in the last 2 years.

I changed over to Open RGB to manage most my RGB devices, not because RGB Fusion hurt anything, but it's just terrible.
So I have been troubleshooting an issue which I thought was directly related to the installation of a Aorus Gigabyte GtX1080Ti GPU into my system...which I was suspecting was related to my DDR3 Ram being killed...but just last night I have come across an interesting coincidence where I had loaded the RGB Fusion Software alongside the Aorus Engine Software....and it seems the RGB Fusiom Software can "brick" the Ram among other things...I believe this is my experience.

Here is a link to a forum discussion which I have come across which led me to this:

Aug 2, 2023
The software supposedly flashes the SPD of the Ram chips and messes them up to a point where the BIOS is unable to read the Ram which can hit you with DRAM LED...I think this is what happened to my G.Skill 16Gb DDR Dual Channel Kit

TRENDING THREADS