Question rgb header

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntlz84

Prominent
Apr 23, 2019
Hi!

I have an TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI) board and a Cooler Master hyper 212 rgb cpu fan. Looking for a solution to hook up the fan's rgb connector to the board's rgb_header.
My motherboard's manual saying "these RGB headers support 5050 rgb multi-color LED strips (12V/G/R/B), with a maximum power rating of 3A (12V), and no longer than 3 m."
So i can't connect my cpu fan connector to this header? I tried it and nothing happened. No lights at all.

thanks for the help.

You need to connect the power cable ( the 4-pin (PWM), without the part L, into the cha_fan header on the MB. Also connect the RGB cable, without the part O and P, into either RGB header1 or 2 on the MB too. Then use the aure software to control the light.

And one more, make sure connect the right position for the GRB header ( +12/G/R/B), otherwise you will kill the MB or the fan.

More info: check the CM cooler manual page 15 and 16. http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212-rgb-black-edition/
Asus MB manual page 1-9

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
cin19 is right, with a couple small changes. The female 4-pin fan connector should plug into the CPU_FAN header (mobo manual p. 1-13, item A), not a CHA_FAN header. To connect the RGB lighting system in the fan frame, you no not need parts O (male-to-male gender changer), P (manual control box) or Q (power supply cable from PSU to control box). Simply plug the female 4-pin RGB cable from the fan into one of your mobo's two plain RGB headers (manual p. 1-9). Then, as others have said, find the ASUS Aura Sync software utility on the CD that came with your mobo and run that to control the lights via the mobo.

Ntlz84

Prominent
Apr 23, 2019
Thanks!

Sadly not working, maybe my motherboard headers not for cpu fan rgb lights.
When i'm using the cooler's own controller (the parts "o" and "p" in the manual) it will lighting correctly, but won't controllable via aura sync.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
When connecting to the mobo plain RGB header, it is important to turn the connector the right way. The connector and the mobo header each should have a marking on them to indicate the +12 VDC line. These must be matched up, or it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.